Director of Public Works
None at this time - please check back.
Building permits must be obtained at City Hall before beginning your building projects. Building permits must be presented for approval at the Planning Board (meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall in the Council Chambers).
Reminder: Contractor's License are required in the Town of Moorcroft and must be obtained with all required paperwork before work begins. Licenses must be renewed January of each year.
Any mobile homes placed in the city limits must obtain a mobile home placement permit from City Hall prior to placement.
Permits can be mailed to, or dropped off at:
Town of Moorcroft
104 North Big Horn Ave
P.O. Box 70
Moorcroft, WY 82721
For any questions, call us at (307) 756-3526.
Annual Water Quality Reports
The Moorcroft Landfill is located approximately 5 miles east of Moorcroft off Interstate 90 on the Wind Creek exit, then 1 mile north.
*NEW MOORCROFT LANDFILL INFORMATION
**LANDFILL NOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC**
Landfill is open Monday-Friday from 10-3 and the 3rd Saturday of the month 9-noon.
Rates and Rules
New Garbage Rates
Effective on the January 30th billing, garbage rates will be increased by 36% per Ordinance 11-2017. One ninety five gallon can will be charge $24 per can per one collection. Please visit the Town's website or call 756-3526 for further information on collection rates per the Ordinance.
- All garbage hauled to the Moorcroft landfill will be charged $3.00 per 100 pounds with a minimum $5.00 fee.
- Unsorted loads are $200.00 per ton
- Shingles are $75.00 per ton
- All vehicles entering the landfill must stop at the landfill scale building to receive dumping instructions.
- All vehicles leaving the landfill must stop at the office to pay for the load.
- All vehicles must weigh in and out every trip.
- All loads must be secured during transport. An additional fee of $200.00 will be assessed for dumping of loads which arrive unsecured.
- White goods (appliances) is $15.00 per unit
Yard waste is free for town residents. All others dumping yard waste will be charged the normal fee for dumping.
- Click here for a list of what is not acceptable