The Moorcroft Volunteer Fire Department meets at the fire hall the 1st & 3rd Monday of every month. For more information, contact the fire chief, Ben Glenn, at (307) 756-3938.
The Moorcroft Landfill is located approximately 5 miles east of Moorcroft off Interstate 90 on the Wind Creek exit, then 1 mile north.
The hours are as follows:
Wednesday thru Saturday 9:00am to 4:00pm
Closed on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Rates and Rules
- All garbage hauled to the Moorcroft landfill will be charged $3.00 per 100 pounds with a minimum $5.00 fee.
- Unsorted loads are $200.00 per ton
- Shingles are $75.00 per ton
- All vehicles entering the landfill must stop at the landfill scale building to receive dumping instructions.
- All vehicles leaving the landfill must stop at the office to pay for the load.
- All vehicles must weigh in and out every trip.
- All loads must be secured during transport. An additional fee of $20.00 will be assessed for dumping of loads which arrive unsecured.
- White goods (appliances) is $15.00 per unit
- Click here for a list of what is not acceptable